Reekado Banks is a Nigerian born hip hop recording artist and songwriter. He is already a household name in the Nigerian music industry so most of you already know the basics about him but we’ll still help refresh your memories none the less.
What You Might Already Know
- His real name is Ayoleyi Hanniel Solomon.
- He is a hip hop recording artist and songwriter.
- He was born on December 6, 1993.
- He is currently signed to Mavins Records.
- He previously went by the stage name Spicy.
- He was unveiled as a Mavin act in February 2014 alongside Korede Bello and Di’ja.
- He graduated in 2014 from the University of Lagos at the age of 21.
- These are however just things you would know as a lover of Reekado Banks music but what about the things you should know as a REEKADDICT? Well, you’re in the right place to download this information so why don’t you grab yourself a cup of Tea and read on and no! We will not be telling you if he has a girlfriend or not…
Facts about Reekado Banks You Probably Don’t Know
- His father is a pastor and he is the last born out of six children.
- His family is a musical family. His father is a singer, his mother is a dancer, his older brother is a producer and his older sister is a gospel singer. What a wawu!!
- He graduated with a degree in History and Strategic Studies.
- He started his music career in 2008. He recorded his first set of songs that year.
- In order to pursue a career in music, he had to work to earn some money for his first record.
- He sold blenders in traffic and also worked as a manual laborer at a construction site to fund his music.
- During his days at the University, he was told by one of his lecturers that he will never ahieve his dreams. (We hope he has visited that lecturer though, just to show face like hello).
- His brother was the one who submitted some of his songs to Mavins Record in an online search for the latest talent.
- He got the deal after his songs were selected from over five thousand songs submitted during the contest period. (The grace of God is real).
- Upon signing with Mavins Record, his stage name was fine-tuned from ‘Spicy’ to ‘Reekado Banks’ which was inspired by the Spanish name ‘Ricardo’ which means ‘Ruler of Kings’ while the ‘Banks’ means ‘Wealth’. He probably knew his wealth was coming when he signed for Mavins Record, there is however no denying he is a very talented young man.
- He likes sugarcane. (The name ‘longest’ comes to mind).
- His best color is black.
- He has just one tattoo and it’s a tattoo of his name.
- He supports Arsenal FC.
- His best meal is noodles.
And now that you ladies know not to charm Reekado Banks with your jollof rice and chicken cooking skills, let’s run through some of his achievements in recent years so you can further appreciate your Everyday Man Crush.